Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cole's Holiday Program


This evening, we attended Cole's holiday program at Family Flex.  His preschool class, dressed with snowman hats and felt buttons down their shirts, performed "The Chubby Little Snowman," "I'm a Little Snowman" (to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot") and "All the World's a Rainbow."  Unfortunately, my recordings of the songs were too long for uploading here, so you get a dark little video of Cole lining up before the show.  Anyhow, Cole was lined up and ready to take the stage when we arrived, so he didn't see us take our seats in the "balcony" (really just the loft level of the school where the offices are located, which happens to overlook the Mountain classroom where the program was held).  He spent all of "The Chubby Little Snowman" and the first part of "I'm a Little Snowman" looking for us and not participating.  I felt so sad and terrible that he couldn't find us and continued to wave frantically from the balcony hoping he'd look up and see me.  Finally, he did.  He got the hugest, most adorable, full-face smile and loudly whispered, "Mommy!" from his spot on stage when he found me.  I was so relieved--maybe more than he was.  He stood there for a few seconds just beaming and whispering, "Mommy!"  And then he started singing and dancing along with his friends (in typical, over-the-top, three-year-old-boy fashion).  12/10/2014.  

No comments:

Post a Comment